In 2017, there were a lot of data breaches reported. But it’s not a new issue for companies worldwide. In fact, most company owners today are stepping up their cyber security steps in order to protect their database. If you haven’t taken this important security measure yet, then it’s time to update your technological protocols.
No matter the size of a business venture, securing sensitive information and providing quality measures to prevent cyber attacks is of paramount importance, especially considering the fast-paced development of today’s technology. While businesses are upgrading security systems, so are the threats that seek to infiltrate data to be used for whatever purpose they deem fit.
The schemes used to mine data from businesses and their employees are becoming much more imaginative and in a way, effective if there is no available framework and work-around in handling these kinds of threats. But the advent of technology can also be its greatest advantage in countering these threats. With the right security awareness training, a rigid establishment operating at top shape, and the utilization of a quality security system, the neutralization of these cyber infiltrations can be done so swiftly and of less costs to the company and its stakeholders.
How to Create Ultimate Company Data Security
Avoid falling victim to cyber security attacks by simply following some basic steps in data protection. The following are the most important steps to take to prevent data losses and cyber threats from affecting your business:
- Work with a cyber security specialist. One way to educate yourself and your company on data breach prevention is to hire a cyber security professional. This person can help you learn the best practices as well as steps in keeping your data safe from threats. Problem today is that, even the largest and well established companies, like Yahoo, are prone to hacking. If you don’t take preemptive measures, you are risking your data.
- Separate personal and business accounts. Nowadays, separating emails for personal, banking, and business is important. This is because if one account is hacked, the hacker won’t easily get access to all other accounts you keep. Be wary of the attachments and emails before opening them. Hackers usually hide codes in attachments to hack accounts.
- Spread awareness. Hacks are most successful in using social engineering instead of brute force. In fact, a lot of companies get hacked through unexpected emails. Remember, hackers now are resourceful and creative in devising hacking tools to breach your data. What you can do is to strengthen your passwords, use 2-step verification system, and install an antivirus program.
- Engage employees in securing sensitive company information. A lot of data breaches happened by accident. Companies need to train their employees in encrypting data so that sensitive information is protected from hackers. You also need to teach them how to create stronger passwords and proper data storage and filing. Familiarize them with different types of malware and other potential hacking methods that cyber criminals may use.
- Incorporate restrictive data security permissions. To prevent your company data from becoming vulnerable to cyber security attacks, you need to establish stringent data permissions. Assign trustworthy employees to protect online company information and give limited access to them. If you will only permit those who are reliable in handling vital information, you can ensure ultimate data protection.
Oftentimes, companies don’t have a specific system to protect data at all cost. In addition, employees aren’t properly trained in securing company information against breaches. A heightened security to control all information through proper implementation of technological protocols is important to combat hackers and cyber attacks.
So what are you doing to make sure that your company is safe from cyber security threats? Do these steps now and be safe from data breaches.