The question for Lotus Domino to Office 365 migration is increasing day by day due to the high popularity of Office 365 as it offers cloud storage and various other important features. A wide range of users are looking for a conversion process using which they can access their NSF / Domino mailbox data into O365 account. The reason due to which the users are looking to export their data is because managing IBM Notes / Domino is complex as compared to O365.
However, it is not at all an easy to transfer entire mailbox data. It requires the required technical knowledge so that the users can migrate Lotus Notes NSF to Office 365 in an appropriate way so that the users workflow doesn’t get affected. Therefore, this post explains the entire process of conversion with the help of an effortless solution so that the users don’t have to face any issue. But, before jumping to the solution, let us first discuss the reasons why the wide range of users migrate Domino to O365 account.
Factors Responsible for Lotus Domino to Office 365 Migration
There might be several reasons because of which multiple users are switching their email application. But, we have discussed the most common reasons in the following segment:
- Maintenance of IBM Notes email application is expensive than that of Microsoft Office 365.
- It requires a bit of technical expertise to migrate Domino to Office 365 as any of mistake in the conversion process can result in inaccessible data or data loss.
- Microsoft Office 365 offers cloud storage and introduced a lot of other features which helps in business productivity.
- The Lotus Notes application has a steep learning curve which makes users to opt for O365.
Efficient Solution to Transfer Domino to O365 Account
Nowadays, many users are switching their email application from one platform to another due to their business requirements and purposes. But, it becomes a challenging task for all the end users who want to export their mailbox data but don’t know the conversion process. Therefore, the following section explains the step by step procedure of NSF to Office 365 migration with the help of SysTools Lotus Notes Mail Conversion Utility.
- In the first step, install the software. After the installation process completes, launch the application and click on Add File(s) / Add Folder option to browse the NSF file.
- Now, Office 365 export option will be selected automatically. Users can check/uncheck the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option to save the resultant data in the same format as it was before.
- In the next step, you have to select that you want to execute conversion process “With Impersonation” or “Without Impersonation”. If you select “With Impersonation” method then you only have to provide the admin credentials. Else, you have to provide credentials for every user mailbox which you want to export.
- Now, you can check/uncheck the mailbox items (emails, calendar, contacts, tasks, journals) which you want to transfer. Moreover, you can also apply filters for selective IBM Notes to O365 migration.
- In the final step, click on Export button to start the conversion process. After the completion of process, the tool provides option to save the export report which contains the count of mailbox items which are migrated.
If you are looking for a solution to migrate Domino to Office 365 account, then you can refer this post as it will help you to know how to perform conversion. Moreover, in the above segment, we have also discussed the major factors due to which users want to transfer NSF to O365 account. If the users are facing any issues while exporting mailbox data, then they can try the SysTools Lotus Notes to Office 365 migrator as it helps to ease the conversion process.